Aerende’s gently fragranced candles are made with natural rapeseed wax, a sustainable and non-toxic alternative to standard paraffin or soya wax candles, and scented with therapeutic essential oils. In our attempts to minimise the environmental impact of our candles, we have switched from standard wicks to cotton and linen ones.
The name, Maed, is an Olde English word meaning meadow, which references the uplifting essential oil fragrances of grapefruit, lavender and geranium. The simple, utilitarian style makes them suitable for indoor or outdoor use and when you’re finished with the candle, the glass makes a handy container (or can be easily recycled). Also available in warming Braeden and earthy Denufragrances.
Each candle is hand-poured in Hertfordshire at workshops for by people with disabilities and mental health illnesses (see our Makers page for more details). All purchases help support this social impact company.
- Sustainable rapeseed wax (certified non GMO) from Europe
- Size 9.5cm (height) by 8cm (diameter), 30cl jar
- Essential oil fragrance – geranium and grapefruit to reduce stress and anxiety; lavender to ease pain and aid sleep
- Handmade in Hertfordshire
- 40-50 hours’ burn time
- Phthalate and paraben free
- Packaging made in the UK from recycled coffee cups
- Not tested on animals and vegan friendly
ESSENTIAL OIL INGREDIENTS
Grapefruit, Lavender, Geranium
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
On first use, ensure that the candle burns long enough to fully melt the top layer of wax. This will avoid tunnelling (and wastage) of wax. Vegetable waxes burn differently than standard paraffin wax and a better burn quality can be maintained if the wick is trimmed before each use. It may sound obvious, but the glass can get hot. We recommend placing on a coaster and leaving to cool before moving.